I feel like brownies must be a global favourite! Why wouldn’t they be? Firstly, they can be made quick with even a handful of ingredients. Second, they can be made in a variety of flavours…chocolate, coffee, butterscotch, nutella, boozy 😉, caramel and with an assortment of nuts. Brownies are usually a square piece of dessert, mostly baked. They’re either fudgy, or crusty, or cake-y or soft-centered, depending on the density of the brownie batter.
Brownies can be served in a variety of ways. Did I hear you say ice-cream? 😁 Yes, yes..ice-cream is a top choice undoubtedly! But have you ever tried other lip-smacking combinations like brownies with a drizzle of salted caramel 😋 or oh, topped with some whipping cream, maybe partly dunked in melted dark chocolate or (the best of ’em all) with a generous flavour of bourbon 😍 And let’s not forget the kids, they can have delicious chocolate brownies with a tall glass of milk…win win!!
The brownie recipe that I put down here has been adapted from Shivesh’s Fudgy Chocolate Brownies. I’ve made just a couple of changes to the original recipe to add flavours i like, but the original recipe is just as awesome…you can check it out here: https://bakewithshivesh.com/fudgy-chocolate-brownies/
So, what do you say, should we get started? 😃
Chewy BrowniesCourse: DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Brownies are usually a square piece of dessert, mostly baked. This recipe is simple, yet delectable!
All purpose flour: 1/2 cup
Caster sugar: 1 cup
Butter: 1/2 cup
Dark chocolate: 1 cup
Instant coffee: 1tsp (dissolved in 3tsp hot water)
Cocoa powder: 3tbsp
Baking powder: 1tsp
Vanilla extract: 1tsp
Chocolate chips: 1/2 cup
Walnuts: 1/2 cup (coarsely crushed)
- In a pan, melt butter & chocolate on low flame. Let it cool completely.
- Add sugar & eggs in a bowl & whisk them together. Add the cooled butter-chocolate mix to this.
- Add the vanilla & coffee to the mix now. Combine everything well.
- Now grease an 8″ square baking dish. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add this dry mix to the wet ingredients. Also put the walnuts & chocolate chips at this stage & fold everything gently.
- Transfer the batter to the greased baking dish & bake for 30-35 minutes at 180C.
- Once the brownies are done, cool them down completely before you cut them.
- Top them with caster sugar, whipping cream & fruit, drizzle chocolate sauce or simply dig in as is!
- Wait for the ready brownies to cool completely before you cut them or else they’ll crumble.
- If you’re allergic to nuts, skip the walnuts & add more choco chips.
- You can store these in the fridge for up to 4 days.